Technique Tuesdays with Sharon
A challenge means doing something you normally don't do. Working with materials you don't normally work with and trying something new! Its always a great kick start to creativity 'cos it makes you try something new!
Here's stuff that Merdrey picked out for me to use.... (Stuff that she likes that I don't usually like - so PINK!!!)
And here's what I made:
I'm actually quite liking how it turned out....the pink is not TOO pink and I think it works with the photo.
And here's a fun idea to share from this layout:Try stamping on the background to create a 'frame' and texture.
Here's what I did:
1. drew out in pencil a 'rectangle on the page
2. stamped with embossing ink using a long stamp (mine is a lace pattern) to create the frame.
3. stamped with embossing ink repeatedly (anyhow anyhow) with my text stamp around the frame
4. poured white powder all over the layout. Shake off excess. Heat to set.
5. I rubbed a little Antique Linen over the embossed area to higlhight.
I actually like this effect cos it makes the paper have interesting textures and you find you need one less patterned paper in the background.
Try in different colours! Bet it would be great with black!